email : email@example.com
follow us on facebook
follow us on twitter @hervelocycling
Hervélo Cycling takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of Hervélo Cycling or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we may ask you for some or all the following personal information:
* Contact details – eg. name, address, email address and phone number;
* Date of birth – to calculate membership category and eligibility for events and courses;
* Participation details – e.g. cycling interests;
* Equality information –gender.
Payment details – bank account number, sort code, card details are collected by the Stripe online payment service used by Entry Central and will not be made available to Hervélo Cycling. Occasionally we will ask for your payment details e.g. to issue you with a refund.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
* Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, end of year renewal.
* Organise club activities and manage risk and safety if you attend club rides or events
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
* Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club meets, coaching, general meetings or other events.
* Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos or videos at events. We would only use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
* Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
* If you order club kit, to process kit orders
* If you have asked to attend an event (e.g. a coaching session), to pass your name and email address to the provider.
* Manage membership of Facebook and Strava groups to ensure the safety and privacy of our members.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with obligations under:
* The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007, which requires us to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
* The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
Why we need your personal information – equality monitoring
We use aggregated and anonymised reports of our members’ personal information for equality monitoring purposes, enabling us to evaluate and promote equality of opportunity within our sport.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
When you register with Entry Central, they will hold your data. Entry Central provides full details of how it uses your personal data in its own privacy notice (https://www.entrycentral.com/terms-and-conditions/privacy) and will not use it for any other purpose.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
Hervélo Cycling may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
* Entry Central provide our membership database.
* Stripe process payment transactions securely on Entry Central’s behalf.
* Instructors, coaches and event organisers receive details of participants.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information can be accessed by our Secretary, Chair, Treasurer and Kit Coordinator or other authorised person only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by Entry Central and within our password protected club email accounts.
Occasionally we may export personally identifiable information to a password protected document which will only be stored as long as required for the purpose.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete all your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us in two consecutive years.
Payment information will not be retained longer than required for the purpose of issuing you a refund.
You have a right to:
* Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
* Request that we delete your personal information.
* Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
* Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
You can contact us at Hervelo@hotmail.co.uk
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk